Most paintings are done over photographic prints on paper or canvas. To me, these are more than just colored photographs because the photo detail is almost completely obscured. However, they always seem to retain photographic sense of reality in color and perspective. The dissonance between photo and painting adds a little drama to my otherwise quiet art practice.
I have used chalk pastels and oil pastels for several years. Some newer pieces are done in acrylic paint.
I am starting to paint from life again (plein aire – outdoors on location). These paintings have a definite difference in feel of space and color.
My current favorite paper is Red River Aurora Fine Art. A 100% cotton rag acid-free paper to help long-term preservation my artwork. Most prints are made using and my Epson 4800 printer and ConeColor K3 archival pigment inks for exceptional color and longer lasting prints. However, after you purchase any work of art, take steps to preserve the image for future generations: all artworks should be protected form direct sunlight and other strong sources of UV light.
Print on canvas, unframed
- image extends to edges of stretcher (no margins) for maximum impact
- archival pigment ink print on canvas for long-life
- printed by the artist for quality control
- artist signature on work
- Signed COA “Certificate of Authenticity” label attached to establish provenance
- UV coating for long life
- stretched canvas, gallery wrapped (canvas stretched around edges of inner wooden frame (stretchers) and stapled on back) makes a light weight and durable work
- hanging hardware installed-ready to hang
- this is a very neat presentation and looks good unframed in modern settings.
- dimensions approximate (to about .25″)
Print on canvas, framed
Same as unframed above, plus:
- Precision framing by the artist. White Ash wood moulding, “floating” style with a .25″ gap between stretcher and frame. Clear acrylic matte finish. Other styles/colors available.
- Outer frame dimensions add about 2″
Print on paper, unframed
Image dimensions approximate to .25″.
- Margin of 2-3″ around image to allow for matting (recommended for archival preservation)
- Archival pigment ink print on cotton rag acid-free paper by the artist
- Artist signature on front
- COA “Certificate of Authenticity” label attached to establish provenance
- Shipped in a roll
Same as unframed above, plus:
- UV coating on print
- Archival cotton rag over-mat/acid free backing and dust seal for long life
- White ash wood frame, overlay style, clear acrylic matte finish, hand-made by Bill.
- Framed under clear glass for best viewing and protection
- Outer frame dimensions ~+1″
- Ready to hang
- Shipped flat
Most of my prints are offered as open editions. I plan to offer more limited editions. Please let me know if you are interested in a limited edition on any image. With my current workflow, each piece, original or print, is uniquely numbered in the order it is created.
Prints are created on-demand: choose a substrate (paper or canvas) and an image size to meet your needs.
I retain copyright on all work, even original paintings. Contact me to obtain limited rights for republishing my work.
Usual Shipping charges
- $50: Shipping for framed items up to 20″ x 16″
- $25: Shipping for unframed original works (shipped flat)
- $25: Shipping for stretched canvas up to 20″ x 16″
- $15: Shipping for unframed prints on paper (shipped rolled)
- Specific shipping will be added at time of purchase
- contact me for questions shipping charges
- I will usually deliver in the local area for the same shipping charges or better
Discounts are offered on multiple items. Contact me